This guide describes how to integrate Affirm into your SunShopplatform so that you can provide Affirm as a payment option to your customers. After integrating Affirm, your SunShop site will:
- Offer Affirm as a payment option on the checkout page
- Process Affirm charges in your order management system
- Display Affirm promotional messaging
Before you begin
Before beginning integration, you should review:
- The transaction flow when buying with Affirm
- Your current checkout process to understand how Affirm will affect operations and customer experience
- Settlement reports to know how to reconcile transactions with the deposits into your bank account
- The timeline for receiving Affirm deposits into your bank account
You should have received an email inviting you to create an Affirm account. Click here for information about accessing your account.
Develop and test the Affirm integration in your development environment connected to our sandbox. To use our sandbox, retrieve your sandbox API keys at https://sandbox.affirm.com/dashboard/#/apikeys for use during integration.
After development and testing, you'll need to update your integration to use your live API keys, which you can find at https://affirm.com/dashboard/#/apikeys.
1. Log in to your SunShop admin.
2. Go to Settings > Manage Settings > Payment Settings.
3. Scroll down and click Available Modules. Find Affirm (Pay-Over-Time-Solution) from the list and click Install.
1. Click Payment Methods. Find "Affirm (Pay-Over-Time-Solution)" and click Settings.
2. Update your Affirm settings
- Enabled - Select On to enable Affirm at checkout
- Display Name - Leave populated for default or customize with HTML
- Public Key --- Enter the Public Key from your Affirm dashboard.
- Private Key --- Enter the Private Key from your Affirm dashboard.
- Minimum Order Value --- Optional. The minimum order amount (including taxes and discounts) that must be met before Affirm displays as an option at checkout.
- Test Mode --- determines whether your store is in Test Mode. Make sure this is enabled until you are ready to take payments.
- Payment Mode --- can be set to Authorize & Capture or Authorize Only.
- Authorize & Capture will capture your Affirm charge.
- Authorize Only allows you to capture the funds manually. Your order will have the status of Pending Approval in SunShop. Once you manually capture the order in SunShop, the charge will be captured automatically in Affirm.
- Display Order - determines Affirm's placement at checkout. 1 is the highest placement.
3. Click Edit Module Settings to Save
Affirm promotional messaging components---monthly payment messaging and educational modals---show customers how they can use Affirm to finance their purchases. Properly placed promotional messaging helps drive increased AOV and conversion.
Adding Affirm promotional messaging is a required integration step, and you should complete it before testing your integration. Click here for information about adding Affirm promotional messaging
1. Go to Settings > Manage Plugins
2. Scroll down and click Available Plugins. Find "Affirm Promotional Messaging" from the list and click Install.
3. Click Installed Plugins. Find Affirm Promotional Messaging and click Settings.
4. Confirm Enabled, Display on Product Page, Display on View Cart Page are set to On
5. Click Edit Module Settings to save
Processing orders (
fullrefund) in SunShop updates the order status in the Affirm dashboard. While you can process orders in the dashboard, we strongly recommend using SunShop to keep order status synced with Affirm. Keep in mind that for a partial refund, this functionality is not available in SunShop so you should use your Affirm dashboard. Instructions on that can be found here.
To manage captures, voids, full refunds in SunShop follow these steps:
1. Navigate to Transactions > View Transactions
2. Find the Transaction you're looking for and click View
3. Scroll down and click Payment Info
4. Select the action you would like to perform from the Processor Actions dropdown
5. Click Update Transaction to Save
Before deploying the Affirm integration to your production site, Affirm will need to test it in your development or staging environment connected to our live environment. Contact your Integration Consultant or [email protected] to coordinate this test.
Connect to the live Affirm environment
1. Go to Settings > Manage Settings > Payment Settings
2. Under Payment Methods, find Affirm (Pay-Over-Time-Solution) and click Settings.
3. Set Test Mode to False
4. Click Edit Module Settings to Save
Launch to production
After you've connected to our live environment and we've tested your integration, you're ready to deploy to your production environment and offer Affirm as a payment option to your customers.
Updated about 21 hours ago