Now that you've installed the Affirm extension, you can decide how you want to utilize Affirm on your site. This guide walks you through setting up Affirm's various features to create the best experience for your customers.
Follow the steps below to configure your general Affirm settings.
1. Navigate to WooCommerce > Settings > Payments and select Affirm. This takes you to the Settings screen.
Payments was formerly called Checkout prior to WooCommerce 3.4.
2. Enable/Disable – Enable to use. Disable to turn off.
3. If displayed, leave the default title as “Affirm Pay over time” and description as “You will be redirected to Affirm to securely complete your purchase. It's quick and easy—get a real-time decision!” unless instructed by Affirm.
4. Select Expand to show Affirm Account Settings.
5. Enable Affirm Sandbox if developing or testing before going live. Remember to disable when done.
Disable when done.
6. Set your Region to US for a US store.
9. Choose whether Language Selector should be based on Site Language or Browser Language. (For US store, leave this as Site Language)
10. Select a Transaction Mode:
- Authorize obtains payment authorization only
- Authorize and Capture obtains authorization and captures funds
11. Enable Partial Capture only if instructed by Affirm support.
12. Select a Checkout Mode:
- Modal triggers a pop-up during checkout
- Redirect takes the customer offsite to check out
13. Select Inline Checkout Messaging to enable Inline checkout value props on the checkout page.
14. Select a Cancel Affirm Page:
- Cart Page – takes customer to cart
- Payment Page – takes customer back to payment
- Checkout Page - takes customer back to checkout
- Custom URL - takes customer to custom URL
15. Enter Permalink/Custom Cancel URL _only _if you selected Custom URL for Cancel Affirm page.
16. Select Expand next to Promotional Messaging Settings.
17. Check to Enable category promotional messaging to include promotional messaging on category level pages.
18. Check to Enable product promotional messaging to include promotional messaging on product level pages and select placement of product page messaging. (if unsure, select After Product Price)
19. Check to Enable cart promotional messaging to include promotional messaging on category level pages.
20. Select an Affirm Color – Blue, Black or White for the logo.
21. Check Show Learn More to display a link in Affirm monthly payment messaging.
22. Enter your Affirm Promo ID (optional) to display Affirm with different styling, messaging, or loan terms. Only enter a Promo ID if instructed by Affirm.
23. Select Expand next to Advanced Settings.
24. Set Order Minimum – set minimum cart total to display Affirm as a payment option. If unsure, leave the default value of $50.
25. Set Order Maximum – set maximum cart total to display Affirm as a payment option. If unsure, leave the default value of $30000.
26. Select Enable Debugging messages if troubleshooting. Otherwise, leave disabled.
27. Leave Enable Enhanced Analytics unchecked.
28. Check to Display Merchant Fee. If unsure, leave the default.
29. Click Save changes.
- Inline is available for our Installment, Pay in 4 and Hybrid financing options.
- Affirm Lite is not supported at this time.
When a customer selects Affirm as a payment option, the view expands and renders the following information in your site:
- Value props: Highlights some of the benefits of paying with Affirm
- Learn more about Affirm: A learn more link that opens our educational modal.
- Payment timelines: The timeline and amount for each payment
Updated 4 months ago
Nice work on successfully setting up your Affirm integration! Next, you may want to learn about processing transactions with us or test out your integration. You can also checkout out our WooCommerce FAQs for answers to some common questions Affirm + WooCommerce integration.