1. Watch a demo.
Click here to walk through a brief demonstration of how Affirm can be integrated onto an eCommerce site.
2. Integrate Affirm into checkout.
You can start by either selecting your platform from the dropdown above, or by checking out our example code.
3. Embed Affirm on-site marketing components.
You can drop a couple snippets of code on your product and cart pages to enable monthly payment messaging and informational modals.
4. Create a marketing plan.
Utilize your exisiting marketing channels and take the opportunity to inform visitors to your site about Affirm.
5. Train customer-facing staff.
Compliance is a serious concern in the lending industry, so we require that you train all customer-facing teams on what Affirm is, and how the process works.
- Affirm Merchant Dashboard
- API Keys & Logs are located in your Affirm Merchant Dashboard. If you receive “Access Denied” on the links above, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technical Documentation
- Tests & Knowledge Required Prior to Go-Live
- Successful authorization & void of transaction
- Successful capture & refund of transaction
- If doing auto-capture, successful auto-capture
- Familiarity with Settlement Process: How does a Merchant Get Paid?
- End-to-end checkout
- Affirm Merchant Dashboard
- Dashboard allows you to process transactions, view, and schedule settlement detail
- Transactional Processing
- Refund / Partial Refund
- Depending on your integration, this is performed from your Order Management System or Affirm Merchant Dashboard
- Important: You cannot issue store credit for Affirm transactions.
- Merchant Payment, Settlement and Reconciliation
- Marketing Compliance: We take marketing compliance very seriously and custom marketing requires approval before it can go-live. Please see “Marketing & Compliance” section for more information.
- Getting Help as a Merchant email@example.com
- Getting Help for your Customer
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone support only offered to those with an active Affirm loan, they can login to their Affirm account and phone number will be on the top right
Marketing & Compliance
- We take marketing compliance very seriously. You must get approval from Affirm prior to launching marketing such as:
- Press releases, email newsletters, and launch emails
- Special promotions involving Affirm (such as 0% financing)
- Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest campaigns & updates
- Any other custom marketing
- The following guidelines must be followed when marketing Affirm in order to adhere to the Truth in Lending Act and Regulation Z. Any materials found non-compliant could result in the temporary disablement of our partnership.
- Affirm Marketing Resources
- Monthly Payment Marketing: Monthly Payment Price
- Affirm Logos: Affirm Logos and Buttons for Merchant Use
- Approved messaging: Approved Affirm Promotional Copy for Merchants
- Newsletter Launch Best Practices: Marketing: Email Newsletter Templates
- Sample Education Pages: http://www.rancourtandcompany.com/affirm/ and https://www.chucklevins.com/affirm-financing/