1. Watch a demo.
Click here to walk through a brief demonstration of how Affirm can be integrated onto an eCommerce site.
2. Integrate Affirm into checkout.
You can start by either selecting your platform from the dropdown above, or by checking out our API docs.
3. Embed Affirm on-site marketing components.
You can drop a couple snippets of code on your product and cart pages to enable monthly payment messaging and informational modals.
4. Create a marketing plan.
Work with the Merchant Success team on a marketing plan that features Affirm. Utilize your existing marketing channels to inform visitors about Affirm, incentivize purchases with custom financing programs, and provide convenient financing options.
5. Train customer-facing staff.
Compliance is a serious concern in the lending industry, so we require that you train all customer-facing teams on what Affirm is, and how the process works.
- Sandbox: https://sandbox.affirm.com/dashboard/#/apikeys
- Production: https://www.affirm.com/dashboard/#/apikeys
- API keys and logs are found in the left-hand navigation bar
- API information is specific to the environment of the dashbaord you're viewing (note the dashboard sub-domain says 'sandbox' or 'www'). The sandbox dashboard provides sandbox API keys.
- If you receive a “Access Denied” message when accessing the Merchant Dashboard, please reach out to Merchant Help
- End-to-end checkout
- Charge authorization & void
- Charge capture & refund
- Error handling for the above test cases
Affirm Merchant Dashboard
Settlement and reconciliation
Marketing & Compliance
Affirm compliance review is needed whenever Affirm financing is mentioned
Note: We take marketing compliance very seriously. You must get approval from Affirm prior to launching marketing such as:
- Press releases, announcements, and launch emails
- Direct marketing (newsletters, holiday sales, retargeting, abandonment)
- Financing promotions involving Affirm (such as 0% financing)
- Advertising campaigns (Banners, Print, TV, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Any other custom marketing
In addition to having Affirm review marketing materials for compliance, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with and adhere to the guidelines within the Truth in Lending Act and Regulation Z. Any materials found non-compliant could result in the temporary disablement of our partnership.
- Affirm Marketing Resources
- Monthly Payment Marketing: Monthly Payment Price
- Affirm Logos: Affirm Logos and Buttons for Merchant Use
- Approved messaging: Approved Affirm Promotional Copy for Merchants
- Newsletter Launch Best Practices: Marketing: Email Newsletter Templates
- Sample Education Pages: https:
/ /www.alencorp.com /pages /customer-financing and https: / /www.chucklevins.com /pages /affirm