This guide describes how to integrate Affirm into your Lightspeed e-commerce platform so that you can provide Affirm as a payment option to your customers. After integrating Affirm, your Lightspeed Ecom site will:
- Offer Affirm as a payment option on the checkout page
- Process Affirm charges in your order management system
- Display Affirm promotional messaging
Before you begin
Before beginning integration, you should review:
- The transaction flow when buying with Affirm
- Your current checkout process to understand how Affirm will affect operations and customer experience
- Settlement reports to know how to reconcile transactions with the deposits into your bank account
You should have received an email inviting you to create an Affirm account. Click here for information about accessing your account.
Develop and test the Affirm integration in your development environment connected to our sandbox. To use our sandbox, retrieve your sandbox API keys at https://sandbox.affirm.com/dashboard/#/apikeys for use during integration.
After development and testing, you'll need to update your integration to use your live API keys, which you can find at https://affirm.com/dashboard/#/apikeys.
1. Find the app in the Lightspeed App Store here.
2. Click Install.
3. Log into Lightspeed and select your store.
4. Click Install App within Lightspeed Ecom.
5. Enter the credentials you use to log in to store.shoplightspeed.com and click Next.
6. Follow the remaining steps. During the install, you'll be forwarded to our app management site to either login to an existing account (if you've purchased a Lightspeed eCom app from AdVision before) OR create a new account with AdVision to install and manage this and any future apps you may purchase.
Once you've created an account or logged into your existing account, the app installs automatically, after which you'll be forwarded to the shops list, which displays a list of Lightspeed eCom shops registered with your account and any apps installed with those shops.
To finish the installation of this app, click on "Affirm" under the appropriate shop. This will take you to the settings for the app.
Visit AdVision Ecommerce for instructions on how to install and configure their Affirm app. Change the Mode to "Test" for development and testing. Return here after configuring Affirm to complete the integration.
After any changes have been made, please click the Check Install (Publish Changes) button at the bottom of the page to see the changes reflect on the storefront.
After completing your integration, do a thorough testing of both your front-end and order management functions in our sandbox to ensure that everything works as expected. Click here for our recommended test plan. However, you'll need to tailor your testing plan to your specific systems, processes, and integration.
Coordinate testing with Affirm
Before deploying the Affirm integration to your production site, Affirm will need to test it in your development or staging environment connected to our live environment. Contact your Integration Consultant or [email protected] to coordinate this test.
Connect to the live Affirm environment
1. Retrieve your live API keys at https://affirm.com/dashboard/#/apikeys
2. Sign in to your AdVision Ecommerce app settings
3. Go to Settings and scroll down to API Settings
4. Enter the Live Public API Key (Affirm public key) and Live Private API Key (Affirm private key) you retrieved from the live merchant dashboard
5. Change Mode from Test to Live
6. Scroll down and click Save Settings and then Check Install (Publish Changes)
Launch to production
After you've connected to our live environment and we've tested your integration, you're ready to deploy to your production environment and offer Affirm as a payment option to your customers.
Updated 4 months ago