This page describes the steps to integrate Affirm into the Ultracart platform. After integrating Affirm, your site will:
- Display Affirm promotional messaging on product pages
- Offer Affirm as a payment option on the checkout page
Before you start, we recommend reviewing the following information:
- The transaction flow when buying with Affirm
- Your current checkout process to understand how Affirm will affect operations and customer experience
- Settlement reports to know how to reconcile transactions with the deposits into your bank account
- The timeline for receiving Affirm deposits into your bank account
Retrieve your keys by going to the Affirm Merchant Dashboard
1. Go to https://www.affirm.com/dashboard
2. Sign in with Google, or use your email and password.
The work email address that you use to sign-in to the Affirm Dashboard must be granted access by your Dashboard's administrator or your Affirm contact.
You can find all the relevant documentation below. To simplify the integration process as much as possible, we used a logical documentation structure to guide you through the integration flow.
- Sign into your Ultracart dashboard
- Navigate to Configuration > Checkout > Payments
- Scroll down to Advanced Payment methods and enable Affirm
- Click on Restrictions next to the Affirm payment method and update the following options
- Enter a dollar amount into Minimum under Subtotal Restrictions you would like Affirm to only be available on cart totals above a certain dollar amount. Note that this is an optional field.
- Enter a dollar amount into Maximum under Subtotal Restrictions you would like Affirm to only be available on cart totals above a certain dollar amount. Note that this is an optional field.
- Select the radio button in the "Invalid for" column for Canada and International
- Click Save
- Click on Settings next to the Affirm payment method and update the following options
- Affirm API Public Key - Enter the Public Key from your Affirm dashboard. (If you're doing sandbox testing, use your Affirm sandbox keys
- Affirm API Private Key - Enter the Private Key from your Affirm dashboard. (If you're doing sandbox testing, use your Affirm sandbox keys
- Affirm Financial Products Key - Leave this value blank
- Affirm Environment - If testing, set to Sandbox. Otherwise set to Live
Supported Themes and Versions
Note that the Affirm visual element is available only on the following themes and minimum versions. You will need to update your theme to at least the below version to complete the below steps.
Elements - 2.07
Native - 1.07
Hero - 1.09
Jewel - 1.06
Lifty - 1.07
Naturval VB - 1.06
- Sign into your Ultracart dashboard
- Click on Storefront and select the Storefront you would like to enable Affirm messaging on. Click on the Browse your Store
- Navigate to any product page
- On the top nav bar, click Edit
- Hover over the price element. (In the below example, ROW-PRICE-REVIEW) and click the + icon
- Click on Width of 1
- Rename this element to ROW-AFFIRM (Optional)
- Click the ADD NEW ELEMENT button on the row you just added.
- Type Affirm into the search box and click AFFIRM PAYMENT PLAN
Optional: To update messaging to use text or symbol or change the color of the messaging
a. Select the settings symbol on the AFFIRMPAYMENTPLAN element
b. Adjust the AFFIRM LOGO TYPE setting (note: leave blank to retain the default Affirm logo)
c. Adjust the AFFIRM LOGO COLOR setting (note: leave blank to retain the default Affirm indigo color)
d. Click SAVE
Manage your daily operations with Affirm.
You can reach our support team at any time using the Developer Support widget at the bottom of the page.
Updated 2 months ago