This guide describes how to integrate Affirm into your Magento 2 eCommerce platform and offer Affirm as a payment option to your customers.
- Install the extension in your sandbox or staging environment before pushing it live
- Keep a copy of your Magento store and database to ensure you can revert to the original version prior to the installation
- You may need to re-index all the product and category tables after extension installation
Install the extension
You have two options for installing the Magento 2 Affirm extension. Both options also upgrade the extension using the exact same steps described below.
Please see the additional instructions for Magento 2.2 and lower.
Install using Composer
1. Retrieve your Magento authentication keys.
2. In the Magento 2 root directory, enter the following commands using the command line:
composer require affirm/magento2 composer update php bin/magento setup:upgrade php bin/magento setup:di:compile
3. Clear the Magento 2 cache to use the default Magento 2 Affirm configuration. For Magento 2.2 and lower an Affirm Module version 2.1.5 will be used.
Install using Command Line
Ensure the correct release is compatible with your version of Magento 2
2. If it does not exist, create the directory
3. Unzip the extension and move all the files to
4. In the Magento 2 root directory, run the following command to verify that
Astound_Affirm exists in List of disabled modules:
php bin/magento module:status
5. In the Magento 2 root directory, run the following commands:
php bin/magento module:enable Astound_Affirm php bin/magento setup:upgrade
6. Clear the Magento 2 cache to use the default Magento 2 Affirm configuration.
Updated 3 months ago