This page describes the steps to integrate Affirm into CoreCommerce. When you integrate, your site will:
- Offer our flexible payment options on the checkout page
- Process Affirm charges in your order management system.
- Display Affirm promotional messaging
Before you start, we recommend reviewing the following information:
- The transaction flow when buying with Affirm
- Your current checkout process to understand how Affirm will affect operations and customer experience
- Settlement reports to know how to reconcile transactions with the deposits into your bank account
- The timeline for receiving Affirm deposits into your bank account
Retrieve your keys by going to the Affirm Merchant Dashboard
1. Go to https://www.affirm.com/dashboard
2. Sign in with Google, or use your email and password.
The work email address that you use to sign-in to the Affirm Dashboard must be granted access by your Dashboard's administrator or your Affirm contact.
You can find all the relevant documentation below. To simplify the integration process as much as possible, we used a logical documentation structure to guide you through the integration flow.
1. Log into your CoreCommerce settings.
2. Navigate to Plugins by clicking the settings icon and selecting Plug-In Apps (below) or click here
3. Click on Affirm.
4. Click Enable to toggle on Affirm
5. Enter your keys under the General Settings
- Public Key - Enter the Public Key from your Affirm dashboard. (If testing, use your Affirm sandbox keys
- Private Key - Enter the Private Key from your Affirm dashboard. (If testing, use your Affirm sandbox keys
- Mode - If testing, set to Test, otherwise set to Live
6. Update Checkout Settings
- $ Minimum Order Threshold (Optional) - If you would like to limit the availability of Affirm as a checkout option based on total cart size, enter the minimum cart threshold here.
- Payment Action -
Auth + Capture - Select Auth + Capture to automatically capture the payment at the time the order is placed.
Auth Only - Select Auth Only if you would like to manually capture payments during the fulfillment process
- Checkout - Select Modal to allow your customers to go through the Affirm loan application flow in a modal while remaining on your site. Select Redirect if you would like your customers to be redirected to affirm.com during checkout
7. Update Product Promotional Messaging Settings
- Enable Product Promotional Messaging - Toggle on to enable promotional messaging on product pages
- Color - Select color of messaging on product page
- Type - Select type of messaging on product page (plain text, logo, or symbol)
8. Update Cart Promotional Messaging Settings
- Enable Cart Promotional Messaging - Toggle on to enable promotional messaging on cart page
- Color - Select color of messaging on cart page
- Type - Select type of messaging on cart page (plain text, logo, or symbol).
9. Enable Page Analytics Toggle to enable confirmation page analytics. Confirmation page analytics provides Affirm with order information to gain insights into how customers interact with your site on the confirmation page and gather insight on share of cart.
10. Click SAVE
Manage your daily operations with Affirm.
Managing Captures, Refunds, Voids
Captures, refunds, voids can be completed in CoreCommerce and these actions will automatically be reflected in Affirm. It isn't necessary to manage these functions separately in your Affirm dashboard.
You can reach our support team at any time using the Developer Support widget at the bottom of the page.
Updated 4 months ago