Skip to main content
Virtual Terminal Status Definitions
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Unsent – Checkout was created but has not been sent to the customer.
- Sent – Checkout was sent, but has not been opened by the customer.
- The checkout link expires after 7 days. If the customer has not opened their loan within 7 days, it will be updated to ‘Expired’ status.
- Opened – Affirm checkout link was opened by the customer but the application was not started.
- Closed – The Affirm application was closed.
- This may occur when the customer did not complete the application, the customer did not confirm the loan terms, or the application was not approved by Affirm.
- Expired – The checkout link was not authorized within 7 days.
- Authorized – Affirm has authorized the charge, but it has not been captured by the merchant.
- If the order is not captured within 30 days of authorization, the authorization expires.
- Voided – The order has been canceled and the charge has been voided.
- An expired authorization also shows as voided.
- Captured – The order has been processed and shipped, and the charge has been captured.
- Payment is submitted to the merchant 2–3 business days after the charge is captured.
- The customer's loan begins accruing interest daily when the charge is captured.
- Refunded – The merchant has issued a full refund on the charge.
- It's not possible to reverse a refund or add to the balance of a charge.
- Partially Refunded – The merchant has issued a partial refund on the charge.
- The partial amount will be deducted from the final month(s) of the loan.