This guide walks you through configuring Affirm at checkout in VTEX.
1. Sign into your VTEX store admin.
2. Navigate to Payments > Settings.
3. In the Gateway Affiliation tab, update the following:
|Affiliation Name||set to Affirm|
|Test - Live/Production||If you wish to do sandbox testing, change the toggle to Test. For production, set to Live/Production.|
|Application Key||Your Affirm public API key. (If testing, enter your sandbox public API key).|
|Application Token||Your private API key. (If testing, enter your Affirm sandbox private API key).|
|Auto Settlement:||* Use Payment Processor Recommended Behavior: the settings in the Affirm integration app determine the timing of auto-settle and auto-cancel. Do not select this option unless instructed by Affirm.|
* Immediately: Auto Settle Upon Payment Authorization: the settlement/capture process is started immediately after the payment is authorized.
* Immediately: Auto Settle Once Risk Analysis Has Been Approved: if the client uses a third party anti-fraud service, the settlement/capture process is started immediately after the anti-fraud process is completed. If you do not have anti-fraud service configured, this option behaves the same as the previous option.
* Disabled: Do Not Auto Settle: settlement/capture needs to be manually triggered.
4. Install the VTEX Payment App in your account by running
vtex install vtex.affirm-payment (Details on installing an app in VTEX can be found here).
5. Configure the app settings by browsing to Apps > My Apps in your account's admin sidebar and then selecting "Affirm Payment".
6. Complete the following options:
|Enable Katapult||Set this to True only if instructed by Affirm.|
|Company Name (optional)||If you have multiple sites operating under a single Affirm account, you can override the external company/brand name that the customer sees. This affects all references to your company name in the Affirm UI. Leave blank to use your default company name stored in your Affirm account.|
|Public API Key for promotional components||Enter the public API key. provided to you by Affirm. (if testing, enter the sandbox public API key.)|
|Production Mode for promotional components||Determines if the components from the Affirm Components app run in Production or Sandbox mode.|
|Interval to use for the following three settings||Determines the unit of time used by the following settings. Leave default value (Days) unless instructed by Affirm.|
|Delay to auto-settle||Number of minutes/hours/days before authorized Affirm payments are automatically settled. Leave default value (30) unless instructed by Affirm.|
|Delay to auto-settle after anti-fraud||Number of minutes/hours/days before authorized Affirm payments are automatically settled after merchant's antifraud approval. Leave default value (30) unless instructed by Affirm.|
|Delay to cancel||Number of minutes/hours/days before Affirm payments are automatically canceled. Leave default value (30) unless instructed by Affirm.|
|Katapult public token||The public API token for your Katapult account. This is only needed if Katapult is enabled.|
|Katapult private token||The private API token for your Katapult account. This is only needed if Katapult is enabled.|
Updated over 1 year ago