This guide describes how to integrate Affirm into your Magento 2 eCommerce platform so that you can provide Affirm as a payment option to your customers. After integrating Affirm, your Magento 2 site will:
- Offer Affirm as payment option on the checkout page
- Process Affirm charges in your order management system
- Display Affirm promotional messaging
Before you begin
Before beginning integration, you should review the following:
- Magento 2 release notes
- The transaction flow when buying with Affirm
- Your current checkout process to understand how Affirm will affect operations and customer experience
- Settlement reports to know how to reconcile transactions with the deposits into your bank account
- Install the extension in your sandbox or staging environment before pushing it live
- Keep a copy of your Magento store and database to ensure you can revert to the version before the installation
- You may need to re-index all the produce and category tables after extension installation
You should have received an email inviting you to create an Affirm account. Click here for information about accessing your account.
Develop and test the Affirm integration in your development environment connected to our sandbox. To use our sandbox, retrieve your sandbox API keys at https://sandbox.affirm.com/dashboard/#/apikeys for use during integration.
After development and testing, you'll need to update your integration to use your live API keys, which you can find at https://affirm.com/dashboard/#/apikeys.
Updated 1 day ago