This guide describes how to integrate Affirm Connect into the Shopify platform so you can provide Affirm as a payment option to your customers. After integrating Affirm, your Shopify site will:
- Offer Affirm as payment option on the checkout page
- Process Affirm charges in your order management system
- Display Affirm promotional messaging
Before you begin
Before beginning integration, you should review:
- The transaction flow when buying with Affirm
- Your current checkout process to understand how Affirm will affect operations and customer experience
- Settlement reports to know how to reconcile transactions with the deposits into your bank account
A known tax consideration is that Katapult leases are tax exempt for merchants, and currently a tax_amount is applied to the order for Affirm loans, which is not applicable for Katapult leases. Therefore, merchant should record taxes on Katapult leases as $0.00. Merchant can do this manually in their order records or can have their development team build a way to record the tax as $0.00 after a Katapult lease has been captured.
Retrieve your keys by going to the Affirm Merchant Live Dashboard
1. Go to https://www.affirm.com/dashboard.
2. Sign in with Google, or use your email and password.
Signing into the Dashboard
The work email address that you use to sign-in to the Affirm Dashboard must be granted access by your Dashboard's administrator, or your Affirm contact.
Updated 8 months ago