This guide describes how to integrate Affirm into the Drupal commerce platform so you can provide Affirm as a payment option to your customers. After integrating Affirm, your Drupal site will:
- Offer Affirm as a payment option on the checkout page
- Process Affirm charges in your order management system
- Display Affirm promotional messaging
*Before you begin
Before beginning integration, you should review:
- The transaction flow when buying with Affirm
- Your current checkout process to understand how Affirm will affect operations and customer experience
- Settlement reports to know how to reconcile transactions with the deposits into your bank account
- The timeline for receiving Affirm deposits into your bank account
You should have received an email inviting you to create an Affirm account. Click here for information about accessing your account.
Develop and test the Affirm integration in your development environment connected to our sandbox. To use our sandbox, retrieve your sandbox API keys at https://sandbox.affirm.com/dashboard/#/apikeys for use during integration.
After development and testing, you'll need to update your integration to use your live API keys, which you can find at https://affirm.com/dashboard/#/apikeys.
Click here for instructions on installing and configuring Affirm. Return here to complete the integration.
- Click here for instructions on installing and configuring Affirm on Drupal 7
- Click here for instructions on installing and configuring Affirm on Drupal 8
Processing orders (authorize, void, refund, and partial refund) in Drupal updates the order status in the Affirm dashboard. While you can process orders in the dashboard, we strongly recommend using Drupal to keep order status synced with Affirm. For more information on processing orders in Drupal, refer to their documentation.
Before deploying the Affirm integration to your production site, Affirm will need to test it in your development or staging environment connected to our live environment. Contact your Integration Consultant or [email protected] to coordinate this test.
Connect to the live Affirm environment
Click here for instructions on connecting to the Affirm live environment (configuration section).
Launch to production
After you've connected to our live environment and we've tested your integration, you're ready to deploy to your production environment and offer Affirm as a payment option to your customers.
Updated about 1 year ago