This page describes the steps to integrate Affirm into the Aspenware platform. After integrating Affirm, your site will:
- Display Affirm promotional messaging
- Offer Affirm as a payment option on the checkout page
Before you start, we recommend reviewing the following information:
- The transaction flow when buying with Affirm
- Your current checkout process to understand how Affirm will affect operations and customer experience
- Settlement reports to know how to reconcile transactions with the deposits into your bank account
- The timeline for receiving Affirm deposits into your bank account
Retrieve your keys by going to the Affirm Merchant Dashboard
1. Go to https://www.affirm.com/dashboard
2. Sign in with Google, or use your email and password.
The work email address that you use to sign-in to the Affirm Dashboard must be granted access by your Dashboard's administrator or your Affirm contact.
You can find all the relevant documentation below. To simplify the integration process as much as possible, we used a logical documentation structure to guide you through the integration flow.
For additional assistance on the integration between Affirm and Aspenware, please contact Aspenware Client Services.
1. Install the Affirm Plugin in Aspenware Commerce administration.
a. Login as an administrator
b. Select Configuration>Local Plugins
c. In the Group field, select Payment Methods and click Search
d. Install Affirm Payment Provider
e. Restart the application after installing the plug-in.
2. Set the Affirm widget to true
a. Login as an administrator
b. Select Configuration>Widgets
c. Select Edit on the Affirm Payment Provider and select Is active checkbox
3. Configure Affirm
a. Select Configuration > Payment Methods. Next to Affirm Payment Provider, click Configure
b. Enter your Public and Private API Keys. (If you're testing in sandbox, use our Sandbox Public and Private API Keys and check "Use Sandbox")
c. Enter the minimum cart total for Affirm to display at checkout in the "Plugins.Payments.Affirm.Fields.MinimumCartValue" field
4. Assign the product classification to eligible products
a. Select Aspenware Commerce > Product Classifications.
b. Select Is Affirm Eligible in the Classification dropdown and click Search
c. Click Add Assignment
d. Check the boxes next to all products eligible for Affirm
e. Click Save
NOTE: Remember that gift cards and resort charge products cannot be paid for with Affirm. Do not add the Is Affirm Eligible product classification to these products.
If any products are added to cart which are not eligible, Affirm will be removed as an available payment method (that is, the entire cart must have only Affirm-eligible products or Affirm cannot be used as a payment method).
5. Optional: Edit the language strings pertaining to Affirm if desired.
Click here for additional information on language strings in Aspenware.
a. Navigate to Configuration > Languages
b. Click Edit next to English
c. Under String Resources, enter "affirm" in the Resource name field and select Search to view all Affirm language strings.
d. Select Edit next to the strings you would like to change, enter your desired text in the Value field and click Save
Manage your daily operations with Affirm.
You can reach our support team at any time using the Developer Support widget at the bottom of the page.
Updated over 1 year ago