The details below provide an overview for the merchant teams offering Affirm to customers.
Why would my customer be interested in Affirm?
- Affirm provides your qualified customers the opportunity to pay for their purchase in fixed, monthly payments with standard terms of 3, 6, or 12 months with rates ranging from 10 to 30% APR.
- Affirm’s online sign-up process is very simple, your customers’ information is secure, and there is no hard credit inquiry.
- Affirm has no hidden fees and is committed to clear, upfront pricing. You’ll never have to worry about extra costs buried in fine print.
- To offer Affirm to your customers, you’ll simply send them a checkout link where they can sign up from their computer or smartphone.
- Your customers will get an instant credit decision from Affirm and you’ll be able to process the payments right away.
- Fixed monthly payments for purchases greater than $50.
- 1-month deferred payment at 0% APR for purchases under $50.
- Monthly payments with 10–30% APR based on credit.
- Customer information is kept safe and secure.
- A credit decision in seconds.
- No hard credit inquiry!
What are the customer qualifications for Affirm?
- 18 years or older (19 years or older in Alabama)
- A valid U.S. or APO/FPO/DPO home address
- U.S. mobile number that can receive SMS texts.
- The mobile phone account must be registered in the customer’s name
- Valid email address
Affirm Application Requirements
- First and last name
- Email address
- Mobile phone number
- Last 4 of SSN
- Birth date
- Applicants may need to provide additional information:
- ID verification
- Online banking account (secure in-app login)
Why should my sales team care about pitching Affirm?
- Affirm helps merchant sales teams drive incremental revenue.
- Reduce barrier to entry (by offering a monthly payment estimation).
- Increase your average order value (AOV).
- Close sales faster.
When should I offer Affirm?
We've found the most successful Affirm merchants are able to drive incremental revenue by sharing the Affirm partnership early in the conversation with the customer, rather than the end. Below we've highlighted some opportunities to offer Affirm:
- Early in the conversation (during the product sales pitch).
- The moment product price is discussed.
- While offering general purchase recommendations or upsells.
- Upon price sensitivity hesitation (as an opportunity reduce customer abandonment).