This article is meant to give you and your team an overview of key points for getting started with Affirm. There are 3 main sections - each section is more relevant to either your Development, Operations or Marketing Team. Affirm Basics is meant to be general knowledge for anybody interacting with Affirm.
Target Audience: Anybody interacting with Affirm
Target Audience: Merchant Technical Team
- Affirm Merchant Dashboard
- API Keys & Logs are located in your Affirm Merchant Dashboard. If you receive “Access Denied” on the links above, reach out to email@example.com
- Technical Documentation
- Tests & Knowledge Required Prior to Go-Live
- Successful authorization & void of transaction
- Successful capture & refund of transaction
- If doing auto-capture, successful auto-capture
- Familiarity with Settlement Process: How does a Merchant Get Paid?
- End-to-end checkout
Merchant Daily Operations
Target Audience: Merchant Operations, Sales and Customer Support
- Affirm Merchant Dashboard
- Dashboard allows you to process transactions, view, and schedule settlement detail
- Transactional Processing
- Refund / Partial Refund
- Depending on your integration, this is performed from your Order Management System or Affirm Merchant Dashboard
- Important: You cannot issue store credit for Affirm transactions.
- Merchant Payment, Settlement and Reconciliation
- Marketing Compliance: We take marketing compliance very seriously and custom marketing requires approval before it can go-live. Please see “Marketing & Compliance” section for more information.
- Getting Help as a Merchant firstname.lastname@example.org
- Getting Help for your Customer
- email email@example.com
- Phone support only offered to those with an active Affirm loan, they can login to their Affirm account and phone number will be on the top right
Marketing & Compliance
Target Audience: Marketing & Legal Teams
- We take marketing compliance very seriously. You must get approval from Affirm prior to launching marketing such as:
- Press releases, email newsletters, and launch emails
- Special promotions involving Affirm (such as 0% financing)
- Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest campaigns & updates
- Any other custom marketing
- The following guidelines must be followed when marketing Affirm in order to adhere to the Truth in Lending Act and Regulation Z. Any materials found non-compliant could result in the temporary disablement of our partnership.
- Affirm Marketing Resources
- Monthly Payment Marketing: Monthly Payment Price
- Affirm Logos: Affirm Logos and Buttons for Merchant Use
- Approved messaging: Approved Affirm Promotional Copy for Merchants
- Newsletter Launch Best Practices: Marketing: Email Newsletter Templates
- Sample Education Pages: http://www.rancourtandcompany.com/affirm/ and https://www.chucklevins.com/affirm-financing/