Affirm sometimes requires additional information to consider a loan application. An active checking account helps us verify the customer's identity and ability to repay the requested loan.
If a customer can’t provide a checking account when prompted, Affirm won’t be able to approve the application.
The steps are:
- Enter customer information consistent with when initially creating the account
- Enter a PIN
- Select their bank provider
- Enter their banking credentials
- Select loan terms
- Enable autopay (optional)
- Check that you've read the terms and click CONFIRM LOAN
After linking their bank account and confirming their loan, the customer returns to the merchant's site, where they see a confirmation number that verifies their transaction. The customer also receives an email and SMS confirmation from Affirm.