Affirm Educational Modals are pop-up modal windows that appear when a customer clicks on Affirm’s Promotional Messaging, and which inform your customer of how fundamentally different and more customer-friendly Affirm financing is. These modals can be easily co-branded.
Our latest version of Educational Modals will contain a powerful new tool - Affirm Prequalification. Prequalification is a new feature that allows your customers to discover how much they qualify to spend with Affirm on your site early in their shopping process. This simple tool lets your customers shop with confidence. Shoppers who leveraged Prequalification during the feature beta program spent an average of up to 30% more per transaction - on top of the existing Affirm AOV lift.
It's important to always use the most up to date version of our Promos, as this will ensure that you get the latest Affirm features, and that your on-site marketing is effective and compliant.
Depending on when you implemented Affirm Educational Modals, you may or may not need to upgrade your integration. You can find more information about determining whether you need to upgrade, and how to go about upgrading below.
The first step in the upgrade process is to determine what kind of Affirm Educational Modals are present on your site today. There are several methods of determining your current promos version, described below. If you're unsure which version you're using, and do not have developer resources available to assist in that determination, you can reach out to your Affirm technical contact.
How to tell which version of Affirm Educational Modals you're using
The required code changes will depend on what version of Educational Modals is currently on your site. We can deduce which version is on your site by inspecting code, knowing when you integrated, or by looking at the type of messaging on your site today.
Determine current Affirm Promos version by:
- By inspecting your code
- Integration date
- Find a product page where Affirm 'Starting at $x a month' messaging is displayed.
- Use the Developer Tools (Command + Option + i)
- Go to the 'Elements' tab to see the page's document object modal (DOM)
- Press Command + F with your cursor clicked into the DOM element tree
- Search for 'learn-more'
- If you find an element resembling: <a id="learn-more"..>, you are likely using Legacy Promos (v1)
- Search for 'affirm-as-low-as'
- Search for 'data-modal-id'
- If you find an element resembling: <a class="affirm-product-modal" data-modal-id="AB1ZXOKW..."...>, you are likely using Promos v2
- Before October, 2016
- Legacy promos (v1) if an upgrade hasn't been done since.
- Between October, 2016 and June 2017
- Promos v2
- After June, 2017
- Promos v3
Upgrading to Affirm Educational Modals v4
We have specific documentation for upgrading your Promos integration, depending on your current version. If in doubt, you can always refer to our main Affirm Promos integration documentation on how to do the promos integration from a clean slate.
- Provide your developers with the upgrade path documentation latest promos integration documentation
- Reach out to your Affirm Client Success Manager