The Affirm Shopgate integration:
- Enables the Affirm payment method in your checkout
- Adds Affirm promotional marketing to your product and cart pages
- Manages orders paid with Affirm
Setup and configuration information: https://support.shopgate.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001178192#2
Test your Affirm configuration
Test your configuration to ensure that everything is working before you go live. Email email@example.com with a link to your test site so that we can verify your configuration and provide you with production keys.
- Add an item to the cart on your test site.
- Proceed to checkout.
- During checkout, enter valid U.S. addresses and mobile-phone information. Affirm cannot test your configuration if the address or phone information is fake.
- Select Affirm as the payment option.
- Proceed to Affirm's testing environment checkout.
Note: The URL https://sandbox.affirm.com indicates that you are in the testing environment.
6. When prompted for your security PIN, enter 1234.
7. Select terms.
8. Confirm your loan.
9. Wait to ensure that you have been redirected to your confirmation page.
10. Verify that the transaction appears in your platform's admin panel and on sandbox.affirm.com/dashboard.
Note: When a customer completes checkout with Affirm as the payment method, Affirm authorizes a charge for the amount of the order. The charge appears in a pending state on the customer’s Affirm account. Authorized transactions expire if they are not captured before the capture deadline. The default capture deadline is specified in your partnership agreement with Affirm. If you did not specify your authorization-period requirements because of inventory, pre-orders, or shipping time in your onboarding form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for help with completing this process.
Go live with Affirm financing
After you verify that your configuration is working properly in the Affirm Sandbox environment, your Affirm Client Success Manager will activate your Affirm Live environment access. This will allow you to sign into the Live version of the Merchant Dashboard, as well as access your Live API keys.
Retrieve Live API keys
- Go to the API keys page in the Affirm dashboard.
- Retrieve your live API keys.
- Enter the live API keys into your integration/platform.
Note: The email address that you use to access the dashboard must be registered as a Google account. Check to see if your existing email address is a Google account or create a new Google account. You can link your existing work email address to a Google account by signing up without Gmail.