This guide describes how to integrate Affirm into the Shopgate mobile commerce platform so you can provide Affirm as a payment option to your customers. After integrating Affirm, your Shopgate site will:
- Offer Affirm as payment option on the checkout page
- Process Affirm charges in your order management system
- Display Affirm promotional messaging
The integration steps are:
- Configure Affirm on Shopgate
- Review your order management functions
- Test your integration
- Deploy to production
Before you begin
Before beginning integration, you should review:
- The transaction flow when buying with Affirm
- Your current checkout process to understand how Affirm will affect operations and customer experience
- Settlement reports to know how to reconcile transactions with the deposits into your bank account
You should have received an email inviting you to create an Affirm account. Click here for information about accessing your account.
Develop and test the Affirm integration in your development environment connected to our sandbox. To use our sandbox, retrieve your sandbox API keys at https://sandbox.affirm.com/dashboard/#/apikeys for use during integration.
After development and testing, you'll need to update your integration to use your live API keys, which you can find at https://affirm.com/dashboard/#/apikeys.
1. Configure Affirm on Shopgate
Visit Shopgate for instructions on how to configure Affirm, including how to implement promotional messaging. For development and testing, use the sandbox API keys you retrieved from the merchant dashboard. Return here to finish the integration.
2. Review your order management functions
Processing orders (authorize, void, refund, and partial refund) in Shopgate updates the order status in the Affirm dashboard. While you can process orders in the dashboard, we strongly recommend using Shopgate to keep order status synced with Affirm. For more information on processing orders in Shopgate, refer to their documentation.
3. Test your integration
After completing your integration, do a thorough testing of both your front-end and order management functions in our sandbox to ensure that everything works as expected. Click here for our recommended test plan. However, you’ll need to tailor your testing plan to your specific systems, processes, and integration.
4. Deploy to production
Coordinate testing with Affirm
Before deploying the Affirm integration to your production site, Affirm will need to test it in your development or staging environment connected to our live environment. Contact your Integration Consultant or email@example.com to coordinate this test.
Connect to the live Affirm environment
- Retrieve your live API keys at https://affirm.com/dashboard/#/apikeys
- Enter the live API keys as described in Shopgate’s documentation
Launch to production
After you’ve connected to our live environment and we’ve tested your integration, you’re ready to deploy to your production environment and offer Affirm as a payment option to your customers.